Definitions of eliminate:
- verb: kill in large numbers
- verb: terminate or take out
Example: "Let's eliminate the course on Akkadian hieroglyphics"
- verb: remove (an unknown variable) from two or more equations
- verb: remove from a contest or race
Example: "The cyclist has eliminated all the competitors in the race"
- verb: dismiss from consideration
Example: "This possibility can be eliminated from our consideration"
- verb: do away with
- verb: eliminate from the body
Search for eliminate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse