Definitions of digest:
- noun: a periodical that summarizes the news
- noun: something that is compiled (as into a single book or file)
- verb: make more concise
- verb: soften or disintegrate, as by undergoing exposure to heat or moisture
- verb: systematize, as by classifying and summarizing
Example: "The government digested the entire law into a code"
- verb: become assimilated into the body
Example: "Protein digests in a few hours"
- verb: arrange and integrate in the mind
Example: "I cannot digest all this information"
- verb: put up with something or somebody unpleasant
- verb: convert food into absorbable substances
Example: "I cannot digest milk products"
- verb: soften or disintegrate by means of chemical action, heat, or moisture
Search for digest at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia