Definitions of depression:
- noun: pushing down
Example: "Depression of the space bar on the typewriter"
- noun: sad feelings of gloom and inadequacy
- noun: angular distance below the horizon (especially of a celestial object)
- noun: a concavity in a surface produced by pressing
- noun: a mental state characterized by a pessimistic sense of inadequacy and a despondent lack of activity
- noun: a long-term economic state characterized by unemployment and low prices and low levels of trade and investment
- noun: a time period during the 1930s when there was a worldwide economic depression and mass unemployment
- noun: a sunken or depressed geological formation
- noun: a state of depression and anhedonia so severe as to require clinical intervention
- noun: an air mass of lower pressure; often brings precipitation
Search for depression at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...