Synonyms / Related
Definitions of damascene:
- noun: a design produced by inlaying gold or silver into steel
- noun: a native or inhabitant of Damascus
- verb: inlay metal with gold and silver
- adjective: (of metals) decorated or inlaid with a wavy pattern of different (especially precious) metals
Example: "A damascened sword"
- adjective: of or relating to or characteristic of Damascus or its people
Example: "Damascene city gates"
Search for damascene at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...