Definitions of crisp:
- noun: a thin crisp slice of potato fried in deep fat
- verb: make brown and crisp by heating
Example: "Crisp potatoes"
- verb: make wrinkles or creases into a smooth surface
- adjective: pleasantly cold and invigorating
Example: "Crisp clear nights and frosty mornings"
- adjective: tender and brittle
Example: "Crisp potato chips"
- adjective: brief and to the point; effectively cut short
Example: "A crisp retort"
- adjective: (of something seen or heard) clearly defined
Example: "The crisp snap of dry leaves underfoot"
- adjective: in small tight curls
- adjective: pleasingly firm and fresh and making a crunching noise when chewed
Example: "Crisp carrot and celery sticks"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 16666 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2214)
Search for crisp at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse