Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of creole:
- noun: a mother tongue that originates from contact between two languages
- noun: a person descended from French ancestors in southern United States (especially Louisiana)
- noun: a person of European descent born in the West Indies or Latin America
- adjective: of or relating to or characteristic of native-born persons of French descent in Louisiana
Example: "Creole cooking"
- adjective: of or relating to a language that arises from contact between two other languages and has features of both
Example: "Creole grammars"
Search for creole at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...