Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of credit:
- noun: used in the phrase `to your credit' in order to indicate an achievement deserving praise
Example: "She already had several performances to her credit"
- noun: recognition by a college or university that a course of studies has been successfully completed; typically measured in semester hours
- noun: an entry on a list of persons who contributed to a film or written work
- noun: arrangement for deferred payment for goods and services
- noun: money available for a client to borrow
- noun: an accounting entry acknowledging income or capital items
- noun: approval
Example: "He was given credit for his work"
- noun: a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage
- verb: accounting: enter as credit
Example: "We credit your account with $100"
- verb: have trust in; trust in the truth or veracity of
- verb: give someone credit for something
Example: "We credited her for saving our jobs"
- verb: give credit for
Example: "She was not properly credited in the program"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #44194)
Search for credit at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse