Definitions of cost:
- noun: the total spent for goods or services including money and time and labor
- noun: value measured by what must be given or done or undergone to obtain something
Example: "The cost in human life was enormous"
- noun: the property of having material worth (often indicated by the amount of money something would bring if sold)
Example: "He couldn't calculate the cost of the collection"
- verb: require to lose, suffer, or sacrifice
Example: "This mistake cost him his job"
- verb: be priced at
Example: "These shoes cost $100"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #16215)
Search for cost at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse