Definitions of contain:
- verb: be capable of holding or containing
- verb: be divisible by
Example: "24 contains 6"
- verb: include or contain; have as a component
Example: "The record contains many old songs from the 1930's"
- verb: lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits
- verb: contain or hold; have within
Example: "This can contains water"
- verb: hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of
Example: "Contain the rebel movement"
Search for contain at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse