Definitions of confidence:
- noun: a secret that is confided or entrusted to another
Example: "Everyone trusted him with their confidences"
- noun: a feeling of trust (in someone or something)
Example: "I have confidence in our team"
- noun: a trustful relationship
Example: "He took me into his confidence"
- noun: a state of confident hopefulness that events will be favorable
Example: "Public confidence in the economy"
- noun: freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities
Example: "After that failure he lost his confidence"
Search for confidence at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Announcing the 2014-2015 RhymeZone Poetry Prize. Deadline is February 1!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse