Definitions of complement:
- noun: something added to complete or make perfect
Example: "A fine wine is a perfect complement to the dinner"
- noun: either of two parts that mutually complete each other
- noun: a word or phrase used to complete a grammatical construction
- noun: number needed to make up whole force
Example: "A full complement of workers"
- noun: a complete number or quantity
Example: "A full complement"
- noun: one of a series of enzymes in the blood serum that are part of the immune response
- verb: make complete or perfect; supply what is wanting or form the complement to
Example: "I need some pepper to complement the sweet touch in the soup"
Search for complement at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse