Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of common:
- noun: a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area
- adjective: of or associated with the great masses of people
Example: "The common people in those days suffered greatly"
- adjective: to be expected; standard
Example: "Common decency"
- adjective: common to or shared by two or more parties
Example: "A common friend"
- adjective: of no special distinction or quality; widely known or commonly encountered; average or ordinary or usual
Example: "The common man"
- adjective: belonging to or participated in by a community as a whole; public
Example: "For the common good"
- adjective: commonly encountered
Example: "A common (or familiar) complaint"
- adjective: being or characteristic of or appropriate to everyday language
Example: "Common parlance"
- adjective: lacking refinement or cultivation or taste
Example: "Behavior that branded him as common"
- adjective: of low or inferior quality or value
Example: "Produced...the common cloths used by the poorer population"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #36061)
Search for common at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse