Definitions of campaign:
- noun: an overland journey by hunters (especially in Africa)
- noun: a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end
Example: "He supported populist campaigns"
- noun: several related operations aimed at achieving a particular goal (usually within geographical and temporal constraints)
- noun: a race between candidates for elective office
Example: "I managed his campaign for governor"
- verb: go on a campaign; go off to war
- verb: run, stand, or compete for an office or a position
- verb: exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for
Search for campaign at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse