Definitions of button:
- noun: a round fastener sewn to shirts and coats etc to fit through buttonholes
- noun: any of various plant parts that resemble buttons
- noun: an electrical switch operated by pressing a button
Example: "The elevator was operated by push buttons"
- noun: a female sexual organ homologous to the penis
- verb: fasten with buttons
Example: "Button the dress"
- verb: provide with buttons
Example: "Button a shirt"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3725)
Search for button at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse