Definitions of bluster:
- noun: a violent gusty wind
- noun: noisy confusion and turbulence
Example: "He was awakened by the bluster of their preparations"
- noun: a swaggering show of courage
- noun: vain and empty boasting
- verb: blow hard; be gusty, as of wind
Example: "A southeaster blustered onshore"
- verb: act in an arrogant, overly self-assured, or conceited manner
- verb: show off
Search for bluster at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse