Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of blind:
- noun: something that keeps things out or hinders sight
Example: "They had just moved in and had not put up blinds yet"
- noun: a hiding place sometimes used by hunters (especially duck hunters)
Example: "He waited impatiently in the blind"
- noun: people who have severe visual impairments
Example: "He spent hours reading to the blind"
- noun: something intended to misrepresent the true nature of an activity
Example: "The holding company was just a blind"
- verb: make blind by putting the eyes out
Example: "The criminals were punished and blinded"
- verb: render unable to see
- verb: make dim by comparison or conceal
- adjective: unable or unwilling to perceive or understand
Example: "Blind to a lover's faults"
- adjective: not based on reason or evidence
Example: "Blind hatred"
- adjective: unable to see
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #18333)
Search for blind at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for blind (New!)
Announcing the 2016 RhymeZone Poetry Prize
Read and comment on a recent entry: Community Garden
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse