Definitions of bay:
- noun: a horse of a moderate reddish-brown color
- noun: a compartment in an aircraft used for some specific purpose
Example: "He opened the bomb bay"
- noun: a compartment on a ship between decks; often used as a hospital
Example: "They put him in the sick bay"
- noun: the sound of a hound on the scent
- noun: an indentation of a shoreline larger than a cove but smaller than a gulf
- noun: a small recess opening off a larger room
- noun: small Mediterranean evergreen tree with small blackish berries and glossy aromatic leaves used for flavoring in cooking; also used by ancient Greeks to crown victors
- verb: bark with prolonged noises, of dogs
- verb: utter in deep prolonged tones
- adjective: (used of animals especially a horse) of a moderate reddish-brown color
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5170)
Search for bay at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse