Definitions of bass:
- noun: nontechnical name for any of numerous edible marine and freshwater spiny-finned fishes
- noun: the member with the lowest range of a family of musical instruments
- noun: the lowest part of the musical range
- noun: the lowest adult male singing voice
- noun: the lowest part in polyphonic music
- noun: an adult male singer with the lowest voice
- noun: any of various North American freshwater fish with lean flesh (especially of the genus Micropterus)
- noun: the lean flesh of a saltwater fish of the family Serranidae
- adjective: having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range
Example: "A bass voice is lower than a baritone voice"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 4000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #456)
Search for bass at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse