Definitions of atmosphere:
- noun: the mass of air surrounding the Earth
Example: "There was great heat as the comet entered the atmosphere"
- noun: the envelope of gases surrounding any celestial body
- noun: the weather or climate at some place
Example: "The atmosphere was thick with fog"
- noun: a particular environment or surrounding influence
Example: "There was an atmosphere of excitement"
- noun: a unit of pressure: the pressure that will support a column of mercury 760 mm high at sea level and 0 degrees centigrade
- noun: a distinctive but intangible quality surrounding a person or thing
Example: "An atmosphere of defeat pervaded the candidate's headquarters"
Search for atmosphere at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse