Definitions of ask:
- verb: make a request or demand for something to somebody
Example: "She asked him for a loan"
- verb: consider obligatory; request and expect
Example: "Aren't we asking too much of these children?"
- verb: inquire about
Example: "I asked about their special today"
- verb: direct or put; seek an answer to
Example: "Ask a question"
- verb: address a question to and expect an answer from
Example: "Ask your teacher about trigonometry"
- verb: require or ask for as a price or condition
Example: "He is asking $200 for the table"
- verb: require as useful, just, or proper
Example: "This job asks a lot of patience and skill"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #88344)
Search for ask at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse