Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of animate:
- verb: give new life or energy to
- verb: heighten or intensify
- verb: give life-like qualities to
Example: "Animated cartoons"
- verb: make lively
- adjective: endowed with animal life as distinguished from plant life
Example: "We are animate beings"
- adjective: belonging to the class of nouns that denote living beings
Example: "The word `dog' is animate"
- adjective: endowed with feeling and unstructured consciousness
Search for animate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...