Definitions of ace:
- noun: a serve that the receiver is unable to reach
- noun: one of four playing cards in a deck having a single pip on its face
- noun: someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
- noun: a major strategic headquarters of NATO; safeguards an are extending from Norway to Turkey
- noun: the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number
- verb: serve an ace against (someone)
- verb: play (a hole) in one stroke
- verb: score an ace against
Example: "He aced his opponents"
- verb: succeed at easily
- adjective: of the highest quality
Example: "An ace reporter"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #38729)
Search for ace at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse