Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of young:
- noun: any immature animal
- noun: young people collectively
Example: "Rock music appeals to the young"
- noun: United States religious leader of the Mormon Church after the assassination of Joseph Smith; he led the Mormon exodus from Illinois to Salt Lake City, Utah (1801-1877)
- noun: United States baseball player and famous pitcher (1867-1955)
- noun: English poet (1683-1765)
- noun: United States jazz tenor saxophonist (1909-1959)
- noun: British physicist and Egyptologist; he revived the wave theory of light and proposed a three-component theory of color vision; he also played an important role in deciphering the hieroglyphics on the Rosetta Stone (1773-1829)
- noun: United States civil rights leader (1921-1971)
- noun: United States film and television actress (1913-2000)
- adjective: (used of living things especially persons) in an early period of life or development or growth
Example: "Young people"
- adjective: (of crops) harvested at an early stage of development; before complete maturity
Example: "Young corn"
- name: A surname (very common: 1 in 518 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #28)
- name: A male given name (rare: 1 in 14285 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #807)
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 10000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #902)
Search for young at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse