Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of wrong:
- noun: a legal injury is any damage resulting from a violation of a legal right
- noun: that which is contrary to the principles of justice or law
Example: "He feels that you are in the wrong"
- verb: treat unjustly; do wrong to
- adjective: used of the side of cloth or clothing intended to face inward
Example: "Socks worn wrong side out"
- adjective: not in accord with established usage or procedure
Example: "The wrong medicine"
- adjective: contrary to conscience or morality or law
Example: "It is wrong for the rich to take advantage of the poor"
- adjective: based on or acting or judging in error
Example: "It is wrong to think that way"
- adjective: not according with the facts
Example: "The facts as reported were wrong"
- adjective: not correct; not in conformity with fact or truth
Example: "The report in the paper is wrong"
- adjective: not conforming with accepted standards of propriety or taste; undesirable
Example: "She was seen in all the wrong places"
- adjective: not appropriate for a purpose or occasion
Example: "Said all the wrong things"
- adjective: badly timed
Example: "It was the wrong moment for a joke"
- adverb: in an incorrect manner
Example: "She guessed wrong"
Search for wrong at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse