Definitions of wrestle:
- noun: the act of engaging in close hand-to-hand combat
Example: "They had a fierce wrestle"
- verb: engage in deep thought, consideration, or debate
Example: "I wrestled with this decision for years"
- verb: combat to overcome an opposing tendency or force
Example: "He wrestled all his life with his feeling of inferiority"
- verb: engage in a wrestling match
Example: "The children wrestled in the garden"
- verb: to move in a twisting or contorted motion, (especially when struggling)
Search for wrestle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia