Definitions of wrench:
- noun: a hand tool that is used to hold or twist a nut or bolt
- noun: a sharp strain on muscles or ligaments
Example: "The wrench to his knee occurred as he fell"
- noun: a jerky pulling movement
- verb: twist or pull violently or suddenly, especially so as to remove (something) from that to which it is attached or from where it originates
Example: "Wrench a window off its hinges"
- verb: make a sudden twisting motion
- verb: twist and compress, as if in pain or anguish
- verb: twist suddenly so as to sprain
Example: "Wrench one's ankle"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #24080)
Search for wrench at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse