Definitions of wound:
- noun: the act of inflicting a wound
- noun: a casualty to military personnel resulting from combat
- noun: a figurative injury (to your feelings or pride)
Example: "He feared that mentioning it might reopen the wound"
- noun: any break in the skin or an organ caused by violence or surgical incision
- verb: cause injuries or bodily harm to
- verb: hurt the feelings of
- adjective: put in a coil
Search for wound at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse