Definitions of worthy:
- noun: word is often used humorously
- adjective: meriting respect or esteem
Example: "The worthy gentleman"
- adjective: having worth or merit or value; being honorable or admirable
Example: "A worthy fellow"
- adjective: morally admirable
Example: "A worthy citizen"
- adjective: worthy of being chosen especially as a spouse
- adjective: having high moral qualities
Example: "A worthy successor"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3135)
Search for worthy at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse