Definitions of worst:
- noun: the weakest effort or poorest achievement one is capable of
Example: "It was the worst he had ever done on a test"
- noun: the greatest damage or wickedness of which one is capable
Example: "The invaders did their worst"
- noun: the least favorable outcome
Example: "The worst that could happen"
- verb: defeat thoroughly
- adjective: (superlative of `bad') most wanting in quality or value or condition
Example: "The worst player on the team"
- adverb: to the highest degree of inferiority or badness
Example: "She suffered worst of all"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #76005)
Search for worst at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse