Definitions of worry:
- noun: a strong feeling of anxiety
Example: "His worry over the prospect of being fired"
- noun: something or someone that causes anxiety; a source of unhappiness
Example: "It's a major worry"
- verb: touch or rub constantly
- verb: lacerate by biting
- verb: disturb the peace of mind of; afflict with mental agitation or distress
Example: "I cannot sleep--my daughter's health is worrying me"
- verb: be concerned with
Example: "I worry about my grades"
- verb: be worried, concerned, anxious, troubled, or uneasy
Example: "I worry about my job"
- verb: be on the mind of
Example: "I worry about the second Germanic consonant"
Search for worry at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse