Definitions of worm:
- noun: any of numerous relatively small elongated soft-bodied animals especially of the phyla Annelida and Chaetognatha and Nematoda and Nemertea and Platyhelminthes; also many insect larvae
- noun: screw thread on a gear with the teeth of a worm wheel or rack
- noun: a software program capable of reproducing itself that can spread from one computer to the next over a network
Example: "Worms take advantage of automatic file sending and receiving features found on many computers"
- noun: a person who has a nasty or unethical character undeserving of respect
- verb: to move in a twisting or contorted motion, (especially when struggling)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #14143)
Search for worm at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse