Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of withdraw:
- verb: remove (a commodity) from (a supply source)
- verb: pull back or move away or backward
- verb: withdraw from active participation
- verb: retire gracefully
- verb: break from a meeting or gathering
- verb: release from something that holds fast, connects, or entangles
- verb: lose interest
- verb: cause to be returned
- verb: keep away from others
- verb: take back what one has said
- verb: remove something concrete, as by lifting, pushing, taking off, etc. or remove something abstract
Example: "This machine withdraws heat from the environment"
- verb: make a retreat from an earlier commitment or activity
Search for withdraw at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse