Definitions of wish:
- noun: the particular preference that you have
Example: "It was his last wish"
- noun: an expression of some desire or inclination
Example: "I could tell that it was his wish that the guests leave"
- noun: a specific feeling of desire
Example: "He got his wish"
- noun: (usually plural) a polite expression of desire for someone's welfare
Example: "My best wishes"
- verb: invoke upon
Example: "Wish you a nice evening"
- verb: order politely; express a wish for
- verb: make or express a wish
Example: "I wish that Christmas were over"
- verb: hope for; have a wish
Example: "I wish I could go home now"
- verb: feel or express a desire or hope concerning the future or fortune of
- verb: prefer or wish to do something
- verb: have in mind
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #53365)
Search for wish at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse