Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of wildcat:
- noun: any small or medium-sized cat resembling the domestic cat and living in the wild
- noun: an exploratory oil well drilled in land not known to be an oil field
- noun: a cruelly rapacious person
- adjective: outside the bounds of legitimate or ethical business practices
Example: "Wildcat currency issued by irresponsible banks"
- adjective: (of a mine or oil well) drilled speculatively in an area not known to be productive
Example: "Drilling there would be strictly a wildcat operation"
- adjective: without official authorization
Example: "Wildcat work stoppage"
Search for wildcat at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...