Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of wild:
- noun: a wild primitive state untouched by civilization
Example: "He lived in the wild"
- noun: a wild and uninhabited area
- adjective: in a state of extreme emotion
Example: "Wild with anger"
- adjective: produced without being planted or without human labor
Example: "Wild strawberries"
- adjective: in a natural state; not tamed or domesticated or cultivated
Example: "Wild geese"
- adjective: marked by extreme lack of restraint or control
Example: "Wild ideas"
- adjective: not subjected to control or restraint
Example: "A piano played with a wild exuberance- Louis Bromfield"
- adjective: deviating widely from an intended course
Example: "A wild bullet"
- adjective: (of colors or sounds) intensely vivid or loud
Example: "Wild colors"
- adjective: talking or behaving irrationally
- adjective: located in a dismal or remote area; desolate
Example: "A godforsaken wilderness crossroads"
- adjective: (of the elements) as if showing violent anger
- adjective: without civilizing influences
Example: "Wild tribes"
- adverb: in a wild or undomesticated manner
Example: "Growing wild"
- adverb: in an uncontrolled and rampant manner
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3921)
Search for wild at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse