Definitions of wheel:
- noun: a simple machine consisting of a circular frame with spokes (or a solid disc) that can rotate on a shaft or axle (as in vehicles or other machines)
- noun: a circular helm to control the rudder of a vessel
- noun: an instrument of torture that stretches or disjoints or mutilates victims
- noun: game equipment consisting of a rotating wheel with slots that is used for gambling; players bet on which slot the roulette ball will stop in
- noun: a handwheel that is used for steering
- noun: a wheeled vehicle that has two wheels and is moved by foot pedals
- verb: change directions as if revolving on a pivot
Example: "They wheeled their horses around and left"
- verb: wheel somebody or something
- verb: move along on or as if on wheels or a wheeled vehicle
- verb: ride a bicycle
Search for wheel at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse