Definitions of welcome:
- noun: a greeting or reception
Example: "The proposal got a warm welcome"
- noun: the state of being welcome
Example: "Don't outstay your welcome"
- verb: accept gladly
Example: "I welcome your proposals"
- verb: bid welcome to; greet upon arrival
- verb: receive someone, as into one's house
- adjective: giving pleasure or satisfaction or received with pleasure or freely granted
Example: "A welcome relief"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #15302)
Search for welcome at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse