Definitions of web:
- noun: membrane connecting the toes of some aquatic birds and mammals
- noun: an intricate trap that entangles or ensnares its victim
- noun: a fabric (especially a fabric in the process of being woven)
- noun: an intricate network suggesting something that was formed by weaving or interweaving
Example: "The trees cast a delicate web of shadows over the lawn"
- noun: the flattened weblike part of a feather consisting of a series of barbs on either side of the shaft
- noun: an interconnected system of things or people
Example: "Tangled in a web of cloth"
- noun: computer network consisting of a collection of internet sites that offer text and graphics and sound and animation resources through the hypertext transfer protocol
- verb: construct or form a web, as if by weaving
Search for web at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse