Announcing the RhymeZone Poetry Prize. Deadline is February 1!
Read and comment on a recent entry: Ends and Beginings
Definitions of wear:
- noun: the act of having on your person as a covering or adornment
Example: "She bought it for everyday wear"
- noun: impairment resulting from long use
Example: "The tires showed uneven wear"
- noun: a covering designed to be worn on a person's body
- verb: last and be usable
- verb: have in one's aspect; wear an expression of one's attitude or personality
Example: "He always wears a smile"
- verb: deteriorate through use or stress
- verb: have or show an appearance of
Example: "Wear one's hair in a certain way"
- verb: have on one's person
- verb: put clothing on one's body
Example: "What should I wear today?"
- verb: be dressed in
Example: "She was wearing yellow that day"
- verb: go to pieces
- verb: exhaust or tire through overuse or great strain or stress
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #9877)
Search for wear at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse