Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of way:
- noun: a journey or passage
Example: "They are on the way"
- noun: a course of conduct
Example: "We went our separate ways"
- noun: any artifact consisting of a road or path affording passage from one place to another
Example: "He said he was looking for the way out"
- noun: the property of distance in general
Example: "It's a long way to Moscow"
- noun: doing as one pleases or chooses
Example: "If I had my way"
- noun: a general category of things; used in the expression `in the way of'
Example: "They didn't have much in the way of clothing"
- noun: a portion of something divided into shares
Example: "The split the loot three ways"
- noun: the condition of things generally
Example: "That's the way it is"
- noun: a line leading to a place or point
Example: "Didn't know the way home"
- noun: space for movement
Example: "Make way for"
- noun: how a result is obtained or an end is achieved
Example: "The true way to success"
- noun: how something is done or how it happens
Example: "A lonely way of life"
- adverb: to a great degree or by a great distance; very much (`right smart' is regional in the United States)
Example: "Way over budget"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 20000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2605)
Search for way at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse