Definitions of wash out:
- verb: lose color in the process of being washed
- verb: drain off the color in the course of laundering
- verb: deplete of strength or vitality
- verb: wash free from unwanted substances, such as dirt
Example: "Wash out your dirty shirt in the sink"
- verb: wear or destroy by the force of water
- verb: prevent or interrupt due to rain
- verb: remove by the application of water or other liquid and soap or some other cleaning agent
Example: "He managed to wash out the stains"
Search for wash out at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse