Definitions of want:
- noun: anything that is necessary but lacking
Example: "I tried to supply his wants"
- noun: a state of extreme poverty
- noun: a specific feeling of desire
- noun: the state of needing something that is absent or unavailable
Example: "For want of a nail the shoe was lost"
- verb: be without, lack; be deficient in
Example: "Want courtesy"
- verb: wish or demand the presence of
Example: "I want you here at noon!"
- verb: have need of
Example: "This piano wants the attention of a competent tuner"
- verb: hunt or look for; want for a particular reason
Example: "Your former neighbor is wanted by the FBI"
- verb: feel or have a desire for; want strongly
Example: "I want to go home now"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #44937)
Search for want at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse