Definitions of walk:
- noun: the act of traveling by foot
Example: "Walking is a healthy form of exercise"
- noun: the act of walking somewhere
Example: "He took a walk after lunch"
- noun: a slow gait of a horse in which two feet are always on the ground
- noun: a path set aside for walking
Example: "After the blizzard he shoveled the front walk"
- noun: manner of walking
Example: "He had a funny walk"
- noun: (baseball) an advance to first base by a batter who receives four balls
- noun: careers in general
Example: "It happens in all walks of life"
- verb: be or act in association with
Example: "We must walk with our dispossessed brothers and sisters"
- verb: live or behave in a specified manner
Example: "Walk in sadness"
- verb: obtain a base on balls
- verb: give a base on balls to
- verb: take a walk; go for a walk; walk for pleasure
Example: "The lovers held hands while walking"
- verb: use one's feet to advance; advance by steps
Example: "Walk, don't run!"
- verb: make walk
Example: "He walks the horse up the mountain"
- verb: accompany or escort
Example: "I'll walk you to your car"
- verb: traverse or cover by walking
Example: "Walk the tightrope"
- verb: walk at a pace
Example: "The horsese walked across the meadow"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #7634)
Search for walk at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse