Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of volatile:
- noun: a volatile substance; a substance that changes readily from solid or liquid to a vapor
Example: "It was heated to evaporate the volatiles"
- adjective: evaporating readily at normal temperatures and pressures
Example: "Volatile oils"
- adjective: tending to vary often or widely
Example: "Volatile stocks"
- adjective: liable to lead to sudden change or violence
Example: "A volatile situation with troops and rioters eager for a confrontation"
- adjective: marked by erratic changeableness in affections or attachments
Example: "A flirt's volatile affections"
Search for volatile at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...