Definitions of violate:
- verb: fail to agree with; be in violation of; as of rules or patterns
Example: "This sentence violates the rules of syntax"
- verb: destroy
Example: "Don't violate my garden"
- verb: force (someone) to have sex against their will
- verb: act in disregard of laws and rules
Example: "Violate the basic laws or human civilization"
- verb: violate the sacred character of a place or language
Example: "Violate the sanctity of the church"
- verb: destroy and strip of its possession
Search for violate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse