Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of view:
- noun: the act of looking or seeing or observing
Example: "He tried to get a better view of it"
- noun: outward appearance
Example: "They look the same in outward view"
- noun: the visual percept of a region
Example: "The most desirable feature of the park are the beautiful views"
- noun: purpose; the phrase `with a view to' means `with the intention of' or `for the purpose of'
Example: "He took the computer with a view to pawning it"
- noun: the range of the eye
Example: "They were soon out of view"
- noun: graphic art consisting of the graphic or photographic representation of a visual percept
Example: "Figure 2 shows photographic and schematic views of the equipment"
- noun: the range of interest or activity that can be anticipated
- noun: a way of regarding situations or topics etc.
Example: "Consider what follows from the positivist view"
- noun: a message expressing a belief about something; the expression of a belief that is held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof
- noun: a personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty
- verb: look at carefully; study mentally
Example: "View a problem"
- verb: see or watch
Example: "View a show on television"
- verb: deem to be
Example: "She views this quite differently from me"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #36570)
Search for view at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Follow us on Twitter. You probably won't regret it.
There'll be a new contest in a few months.
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse