Definitions of versatile:
- adjective: able to move freely in all directions
Example: "An owl's versatile toe can move backward and forward"
- adjective: competent in many areas and able to turn with ease from one thing to another
Example: "A versatile writer"
- adjective: changeable or inconstant
Example: "Versatile moods"
- adjective: having great diversity or variety
Example: "His vast and versatile erudition"
- adjective: (used of persons) having many skills
Search for versatile at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse