Definitions of vent:
- noun: external opening of urinary or genital system of a lower vertebrate
- noun: a hole for the escape of gas or air
- noun: a slit in a garment (as in the back seam of a jacket)
- noun: a fissure in the earth's crust (or in the surface of some other planet) through which molten lava and gases erupt
- noun: activity that releases or expresses creative energy or emotion
Example: "He gave vent to his anger"
- verb: expose to cool or cold air so as to cool or freshen
- verb: give expression or utterance to
Example: "She vented her anger"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #26953)
Search for vent at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse