Definitions of variant:
- noun: something a little different from others of the same type
Example: "An emery wheel is a modern variant of the grindstone"
- noun: (biology) a group of organisms within a species that differ in trivial ways from similar groups
- noun: a variable quantity that is random
- noun: an event that departs from expectations
- adjective: differing from a norm or standard
Example: "A variant spelling"
Search for variant at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse