Definitions of value:
- noun: relative darkness or lightness of a color
Example: "I establish the colors and principal values by organizing the painting into three values--dark, medium...and light-Joe Hing Lowe"
- noun: the quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
Example: "The Shakespearean Shylock is of dubious value in the modern world"
- noun: a numerical quantity measured or assigned or computed
Example: "The value assigned was 16 milliseconds"
- noun: an ideal accepted by some individual or group
Example: "He has old-fashioned values"
- noun: the amount (of money or goods or services) that is considered to be a fair equivalent for something else
Example: "He tried to estimate the value of the produce at normal prices"
- noun: (music) the relative duration of a musical note
- verb: fix or determine the value of; assign a value to
Example: "Value the jewelry and art work in the estate"
- verb: hold dear
- verb: estimate the value of
- verb: regard highly; think much of
- verb: place a value on; judge the worth of something
Search for value at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse